- The expansion brings much-needed additional space to this Title I, low-income, K-12 public school campus
- The Roadrunner expansion is designed to LEED Platinum standards
- The Roadrunner expansion is scheduled to open for the 2014-15 school year
FRANKLIN PARK, ILL. — Sloan, a corporate partner of a green expansion to the Roadrunner Elementary School in Phoenix, has donated water- and energy-efficient plumbing products for the restrooms. Funded through partnerships with Sloan and other corporations, in-kind donations and charitable contributions, the sustainable expansion brings much-needed additional space to this Title I, low-income, K-12 public school campus.
“Sloan is proud to partner with this effort to offer a state-of-the-art and sustainably designed and built school facility. The Roadrunner expansion is designed to LEED Platinum standards, and Sloan is helping the school reduce water usage with water-efficient faucets, toilets, urinals and more,” said John Aykroyd, vice president of business development for Sloan. “Through Roadrunner’s responsible use of its local natural resources, the school will also serve as an example to its students of what it means to be good environmental stewards.”
Sloan donations to the Roadrunner School in Phoenix include:
- High-efficiency toilets with Solis solar-powered flushometers;
- Sensor-activated, 0.5-GPM Basys faucets;
- Bio-Deck solid-surface lavatories made from ground corncobs and other renewable materials;
- Waterfree urinals, which offer immediate, 100% water savings; and
- Act-O-Matic 2.0 gpm showerheads.
The Roadrunner expansion is scheduled to open for the 2014-15 school year.
Founded in 1906, Sloan has been at the forefront of the green building movement and provides sustainable restroom solutions by manufacturing water and energy-efficient products such as flushometers, electronic faucets, sink systems, soap dispensing systems and vitreous china fixtures for commercial, industrial and institutional markets worldwide.
Additional information is available at www.sloanvalve.com.