- The winning entries were selected in 10 categories and represent the most innovative new products among the thousands that will be displayed at the 2014 AHR Expo.
- One of these 10 category winners will also be selected as the overall winner of the 2014 AHR Expo Product of the Year Award.
- More than $10,000 generated by the Award entry fees will be donated to a charitable organization in the New York area.
WESTPORT, CONN. — AHR Expo Show organizers have announced the winners of the prestigious 2014 AHR Expo Innovation Awards. The award winners will be honored at a special ceremony on Jan. 22nd during the world’s largest HVACR exposition and conference in New York City.
Encompassing a broad cross-section of the HVACR marketplace, the winning entries were selected in 10 categories and represent the most innovative new products among the thousands that will be displayed at the 2014 AHR Expo. A panel of judges made up of ASHRAE members evaluated the products submitted based on innovation, application, value to the user and market impact.
The 2014 AHR Expo Innovation Award winners by category are:
- Building Automation: Belimo Aircontrols (USA) Inc., Belimo BAS Data Logging Energy Valve.
- Cooling: Emerson Climate Technologies, Next Generation Copeland Scroll Variable Speed compressor product line.
- Green Building: Lafert North America, High Performance Metric Motors.
- Heating: WaterFurnace International Inc., 7 Series 700A11 Geothermal Heat Pump.
- Indoor Air Quality: Neptronic, SKD Direct Multi-Steam Injection Humidifier.
- Plumbing: Rheem Mfg. Co., Rheem Prestige Series Hybrid Electric Heat Pump Water Heater.
- Refrigeration: Danfoss, MADAP-KOOL System Manager AK-SM 800 Series.
- Software: HVAC Solution Inc., Revit Connection 2.0 BIM Software Add-in.
- Tools & Instruments: Imperial, Imperial iManifold.
- Ventilation: Big Ass Fans, Haiku Ceiling Fan.
One of these 10 category winners will also be selected as the overall winner of the 2014 AHR Expo Product of the Year Award. Winners receive placards to display at their booths during the Show as well as etched crystal awards to be displayed at their companies’ headquarters. In addition, 37 other products were recognized with Honorable Mentions in these same 10 categories and will also be presented with placards to display in their booths.
More than $10,000 generated by the Award entry fees will be donated to a charitable organization in the New York area. Since the inception of the Innovation Award Competition in 2003, well over $100,000 has been donated to charities and educational institutions in the cities where the Expo was held.
The 2014 honorable mentions go to:
Building Automation: American Auto-Matrix, AspectFT 2.0 Web-enabled BAS; Distech Controls Inc., ProgrammableVAV Controller (IRC); SenseAir North America, tSense True Read CO2, RH and Temp Transmitter; tekmar Control Systems, A Watts Water Technologies Co., Flexible, Multi Stage Boiler Control 284.
Cooling: Baltimore Aircoil Co., New Series 3000 Cooling Tower; Carrier, Toshiba Carrier Heat Recovery Variable Refrigerant Flow System; Lordo America, QTUBE Flexible Composite A/C and Refrigeration Lines.
Green Building: Advantix Systems, DT-X Desiccant Dehumidification Technology; ebm-papst Inc., RadiPac Series - K3G630 Plug Fan; Zehnder Rittling, ZIP Radiant Heating Ceiling Panels.
Heating: Carrier, Carrier Infinity 18VS Variable Speed Heat Pump; LG Electronics U.S.A. Inc., Art Cool Premier High Efficiency Duct Free Heat Pump; Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating Solutions, H2i R2-Series Variable Refrigerant Flow Heat Pump; Trane, TruComfort Variable Speed Split System Heat Pump; Weil-McLain, SlimFit Commercial High-Efficiency Condensing Boiler.
IAQ: Belimo Aircontrols (USA) Inc., ZIP Air-Side Economizer; Best Living Systems LLC, MCI (Multi-Cluster Ionization) for Air Filtration; Plasma Air International, Plasma BAR Bipolar Ion Generator; Ultravation Inc., UVXact UV-C Intensity Monitor.
Plumbing: Caleffi Hydronic Solutions, QuickSetter Balancing Valve; Navien America, NPE-180/210/2405 Condensing Gas Tankless Water Heater; Watts Water Technologies Inc., TRITON™ Pipe Fusion System.
Refrigeration: Baltimore Aircoil Co., Trillium Series Adiabatic Condenser; Bitzer Kuhlmaschinenbau GmbH, New Ecoline Varispeed Reciprocating Compressor; Samsung Compressor Direct, Ultra T-20 Rotary Compressor; Sporlan-Parker Hannifin, ZoomLine Refrigerant Line Assembly.
Software: Carrier, ComfortDRAW Design Tool for BAS; Emerson Climate Technologies, HVAC Check & Charge Mobile Application; Maxwell Systems Inc., ProContractorMX Mobile Connect Annotation Tool for iPad.
Tools & Instruments: Fluke Corp., VT04 Visual IR Thermometer; Goodway Technologies Corp., RAM-PRO-XL Tube Cleaner; hilmor, Compact Swage Tool.
Ventilation: Airius LLC, Pear Destratification Fan; Aldes, VentZone Zoned IAQ with Heat Recovery Kit; Building Performance Equipment Inc., Energy Recovery Ventilator; Modine Mfg. Co., Airedale ClassMate Vertical DX & Heat Pump Vent. System; Rosenberg USA Inc., B-Wheel Backward Curved Fan Impeller.
The Innovation Awards are jointly sponsored by ASHRAE; the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI); and the International Exposition Company (IEC), producers and organizers of the AHR Expo.
The 2014 AHR Expo will feature nearly 2,000 leading manufacturers and suppliers from around the world showcasing hundreds of innovative new products to more than 55,000 industry professionals. The 2014 AHR Expo is co-sponsored by ASHRAE and AHRI. The Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) is an honorary sponsor. ASHRAE's Winter Conference is held concurrently with the AHR Expo each year. For more information visit the Show’s website at www.ahrexpo.com.