A Durango homeowner watched in disbelief as flames from an overheated van threatened to engulf her garage and destroy the attached townhome. But shock turned to relief when the home’s fire sprinklers had activated. “Damage to the home was limited to the garage, thanks in large part to the fire sprinklers, which controlled the flames before they could build deadly heat and smoke, typical of a gasoline fire,” said Durango Fire Marshal Tom Kaufman. It is instances like ...
Register For Free or Sign In to Access Entire Article
"Residential fire sprinkler installation the smart choice" is FREE to access as a registered user on Contractormag.com. Why register for Contractormag.com? It's simple and free, and provides:
- Access to exclusive articles and news coverage
- The full version of all monthly digital editions dating back to 2010
- Allows you to comment on articles and discuss news with Contractor's editors
- Gain valuable media content and more!