- The contest is open to both NKBA members and non-members, including plumbing contractors
- Applications are being accepted now until August 26
- The winner will receive a paid trip for two to Almeria, Spain to tour the headquarters of Cosentino, the NKBA U Professional of the Year Platinum Sponsor
HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. — The National Kitchen & Bath Association has announced the launch of NKBA U Professional of the Year, a contest recognizing the most driven in the kitchen and bath industry. The contest is open to both NKBA members and non-members, including plumbing contractors. Applications are being accepted now until August 26 at www.nkba.org/nkbaupro.
“The NKBA U Professional of the Year contest embodies the Association’s spirit for professional development across the entire industry, setting a new industry standard for excellence,” said National Kitchen & Bath Association CEO Bill Darcy. “NKBA U is a resource not only for kitchen and bath designers, but builders and remodelers, architects, dealers, manufacturers and representatives, as well as retailers. We’ve developed learning paths for multiple disciplines and brought the industry’s best instructors onboard to teach the best content — all through the most engaging and convenient platforms.”
In the spirit of NKBA U’s focus on continuing education, the winner will receive an all-expenses-paid trip for two to Almeria, Spain to tour the headquarters and factory of Cosentino, the NKBA U Professional of the Year Platinum Sponsor. The runners-up will also receive all-expenses-paid trips for two courtesy of the contest’s Gold Sponsors, including Kohler Co., who will provide a tour of its headquarters and manufacturing facilities.
“This contest embodies the NKBA’s renewed spirit and focus for developing the very best professionals in our industry, and every applicant exemplifies a bigger lesson: Learning never stops,” Darcy said. “The NKBA U Professional of the Year contest recognizes those who share that belief — both for how it benefits them professionally and how it propels our industry forward as a whole.”
- The NKBA U Professional of the Year Contest comprises three rounds and runs from July to January. Entrants can apply online now, sharing how they excel in one of the eight NKBA U learning paths and how these skills come to life day-to-day on the job.
- Semifinalists will receive a customized NKBA U curriculum and submit a short video explaining how the courses will advance their career; the videos will then be posted to the
contest landing page for public voting.
- Four finalists, selected by popular vote and a panel of NKBA judges, will receive air, hotel accommodations and a VIP pass to KBIS® 2015 in Las Vegas for the final competition:
A presentation live from NKBA’s Center Stage on what they learned from taking the NKBA U courses and how they are implementing the lessons to fuel their success.
NKBA University (NKBA U), part of the National Kitchen & Bath Association, is a leader in continuing education and professional development for the kitchen and bath industry.
The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) is a not-for-profit trade association that owns the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS). With nearly 60,000 members, the NKBA has educated and led the kitchen and bath industry since the association’s founding in 1963.